Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to create a brochure to promote my business. I will print them out on my color printer at first - possibly have Kinkos print them.

A little background...

The route I bought had 85 homes, now is up to 92. Most homes have postage-stamp-size lawns, lots of planting beds & hardscape - (Lot size ranges from condo patios, to 3000-5000sqft single family residential lots)

A typical call involves weeding & raking leaves/debris from the beds, minor pruning, mow & edge, blow or hose off hardscape. That keeps me busy just under 4 days - the other day or two each week are for doing whatever I can drum up.

my predominant competition is from what I suppose are called scrubs. So "setting myself apart" shouldn't be hard, even though I'm new to this business. But MANY folks seem to really like the very low prices they charge. All the more reason for marketing - tep to high-end, more demanding clients.

For the reg scheduled maintenance calls, I'm getting from $7 to $35 per visit - mostly split between weekly & bi-weekly. On many accts, I feel I am really low - receiving only about $35/hour - some are closer to $60/hour. (I have 2 guys helping me)

It has slowed down this past month a bit, a few accts with warm-weason grass going to bi-wekly from weekly, but most with turf have fescue, so I still see them weekly (that reminds me... need to fertilize again).

(Keep in mind - this in Huntington Beach CA - ground temp probably never hits 40 - almost never a "real" frost)

I have no "official logo", just the company name "The Kind Gardeners". My business card subheading reads: Detailed Garden Maintenance, Installation and Design"

Your suggestions and/or samples would be greatly appreciated! I'm even talking about what font suggestions work best, etc!

(In the past 2 weeks, I already created a maintenance agreement from input/samples posted here - this site is a god-send!)

Regards,

Will Johnson

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good input, Thanks!

I have gone to a LOT of the web sites of lawnsite members (and others) and have gotten some ideas there.

The "logo" idea is good

(I tried to cut/paste some examples - couldnt get it to work)

Regards,
Will

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.