Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Look @ it from a marketing prosepective. Outline the pros and cons in a column format. Yours vs. theirs (generalize) and ask the customer to question the competition with the comparisons... include insurance costs, equipment costs, etc. From reading the forum and past experience, many customers look @ LMOs as cheap labor and think we just provide a basic, easy service. Even though this is semi-true we must educate them that $6,000+ mowers, insurance, labor costs, taxes, maintenance, etc. are costs that make us legitimate businesses. One of the things I advertise is the replacement of dulled blades with sharpened blades every 8 hours. Also, I have pics of properly cut grass vs. "ripped" grass... this is part of the education. Explain the "ripped" grass is from improperly sharpened blades and invites disease.
In a nutshell, if I were the customer and two guys came by with estimates that differed by $5-10, BUT the higher presented the proposal in an intelligible and visual form, it would raise my eyebrow and say "Gee, this guy has done his homework!" Remember, we now are a visual nation and pics sell. Look @ ELM's site. It speaks volumes about his work. I would definitely pay him more to make my lawn appear like that!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.