Property Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TomLawnCare81, Apr 12, 2018.

1. TomLawnCare81

TomLawnCare81 LawnSite Member

So, I am currently trying to get insurance for my property. Hiscox doesn't offer property insurance, just general liability. I am getting a quote through another company, however they won't cover my trailer. I am confused as to how your supposed to get all of your equipment covered. Who do you guys use for your insurance?

2. sailfish27

sailfish27 LawnSite Member

My trailer and tools are covered with my auto/truck insurance. Home and liability different carriers.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Tons of companies out there offer Inland Marine coverage for tools and mowers etc, as well as Property coverage for buildings you own. Trailers go on a Business Auto policy. Check out Auto Owners, Grinnell, EMC, etc they all offer it. Would avoid State Auto not reputable.

4. Beninsurance

Beninsurance Sponsor

Tom, you can cover the trailer(s) for physical damage on your truck insurance policy for a very nominal cost. Equipment (large and small) can either be handled on a contractor's equipment floater either scheduled or unscheduled (best) but I prefer to add it to our package policy that covers property and liability on one. Why are you insured by Hiscox? We never use them for landscapers....much better choices are out there for you.
    Ben/Insurance

13Razorbackfan likes this.
  5. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

We use Grinnell also.

6. windmillservices

windmillservices LawnSite Member

Hortica Insurance best rates in the Industry

7. TomH&H

TomH&H LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Coopersburg, PA

My first year in business, Nationwide approved a business policy for my truck amd mowing trailer, and an inland marine policy to cover my mowers, and any equipment I may rent. They would not approve a general liability policy due to no business history, so I went with USLI for that.