• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

pros and cons of decks on super z

Thunderhead

LawnSite Senior Member
I could have went with the 66" deck but was afraid of it being too wide and because of the scalping. I was thankful that I went with the 60" instead. If I would have gotten the 66", I would have made a mistake because the 60" just barely fits in some of the spots I need to get through.

But If you're mainly cutting flat, wide open spaces, then maybe it would be worth it...

Thunderhead

blackandgold

LawnSite Senior Member
We sell many of each in your area. 66 has wider wheel base and will be better on slopes and will be more productive on larger wide open areas. 60 may work on more properties though. Which dealers are you shopping at? Not all dealers stock 66, so make sure they will have belts, blades and all common parts available for you when you need them.

stevesmowing

LawnSite Senior Member
I've owned both. The 66 Has a much wider and longer wheel base. The longer wheel base makes for a smoother ride on the larger open properties. However It is also easier to scalp with the mower going up at hill at the very top. There is a very noticeable difference in size when you sit on the 66 compared to the 60. I loved my 66" for large open properties, I even used it on small 1/3 acre lots too. If more than half or your properties and large and wide open get the 66. Otherwise the 60"would be fine.

Imow4u2

LawnSite Senior Member
:weightlifter::weightlifter::waving:

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
I love the 66 in more open areas. We have alot of guys who have all 54's and 66's. They skip over the 60's all togather. And it kinda makes sense. If its to small to get a 66 the 54's do a great job, and if its bigger the 66 mows fast.