Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Johnny G. !!!!

It works much better than I thought it would. The mower handles it better than the castering sulky I had which was a big surprise to me. You can still zero turn while standing on it. You can nose upto a tree and back up a few inches to pivot around the tree without stepping off as well. Nice attachment, only downside- stepping off to back up and go on hard surfaces (not a problem on most properties). I like it better than the castering sulky now that I've used it all day. At first it was awkward but it's almost second nature now (like anything). Keeps you on ground level and rides over alot of the bumps that jar your body straight to your brain with a wheel sulky, goes over the dog holes too. Doesn't take much effort for the mower to pull it. When you turn around you can reverse for a few inches so it pulls closer to the mower then do your zero turn, has less leverage on the mower and is shorter rig then. Nice in that when you wanna walk a tight section of a lawn you can just step off and it folds up instead of stopping to disconnect it like a regular sulky. I like it lots. Did I mention the stripes are awesome too!!!!!
No flat tires, think the skid plate is somewhere around $30? Maybe?
The tarp strap is only there because one of the gas shocks is alittle weak. Needs alittle weight on front end. If you haven't yet, you need to try one of these things!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really cool... at a church I mow at a guy pulled in and sat in his truck and watched me maybe 20 minutes while I was mowing. Maybe he was waiting on someone but to him I was entertainment. Yes bobbygedd, lawn mower guys are cool :cool: :D ;) :)

Plant Tree Road surface Asphalt Fire hydrant

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you do a zero turn on uneven ground will the proslide catch? Can you go in reverse for a couple of feet? How much of your body weight is actually touching the ground? I already ordered a bullrider it should be here next week. Have you ever rode a castering sulky besides that one you made.

·
Registered
628 Posts
rjmj

I got the bullrider sulky since switchless talked alot of good about it.

It works great for me and my hydro mower only problem is I have a small machine with narrow tires which lack traction in some cases.

Thinking of putting wider tires on but i have one lawn that the mower just barely fits through!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
You realize you Castor velky was worse than letting the machine pull you around on your worn sneakers:p. Also, it would be impossible for something that "slides" to be easier to power than something that rolls, unless we're into that "Mumbo Jumbo" zone again. Last, you ain't mowing unless you are mowing backwards at least for 20 feet (I'm giving you a break), and the proslide just can't cut it. I will admit it's smooth, but it just ain't ready to join the big boys, yet......:D

Reactions: Overwatch

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
I have to admit that when I first heard of the concept of the pro-slide I thought it couldn't work. But the results are impressive and it seems very flexible in use and doesn't seem to have the drawbacks that each of the other types of sulky seem to have. Unfortunately, I don't know if they let you "demo" sulkies like this one.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
I'll See If I Have Anymore Stuff You Can Have. Don't Worry About Going 20 Feet Backward's Its The Big Boys Who Don't LOL.
John

Plant Sky Property Tree House

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Eric
Heres A Pic Of Your Pro On My Old 2000 TT At My Mothers House. I Have a Better Pic I Could Send You? Going Boating This weekend If You Need Anything Just Call.
John

Plant Building Sky Tree Vehicle

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whew, lot of replies.

Mike, thanks! This woman is pretty much the only one that waters her lawn... and it's rained alot in the past week and a half, which helped. Yeah it was dry out yesterday hehe.... this thing makes good stripes BETTER!

rjmj, if you turn at the bottom of a bank and the Pro moves up the bank it will catch if the ground is rough. But the edges are beveled up so it slides sideways on normal terrain. No, you can't back up a couple feet, just about 6" then it will retract with you still on it. The one I made was the only castering sulky I've rode, it stuck too far out so it was harder for the mower to pull it but it handled better than I expected. I've rode almost all of the trailing sulkies out there.

Scott, thanks :)

Switchless, .........nevermind............I'll just say this- I don't have the need to mow 20' in reverse, if you have to mow that far in reverse then your machine is way too big for the lawn! Thats all I got to say about that....

bastalker, it really doesn't take any more power than any other sulky, surprisingly enough.

bruce32, on their website ( http://www.novaecorp.com/frame.htm ) it says something about arranging a demo, maybe in the video (should watch that video BTW)

viper & Phishook- I have one of those gas gauge caps and the amber dome was all messed up so I took it off so I can see the gauge but the can keeps weather from getting in the vent hole. Looks goofy I know.... but it's more accurate then looking into the tank and just guessing....

John, thanks bud! Happen to have a 60" TT stuck back in the corner you don't want anymore ;) j/k

Plant Road surface Grass Groundcover Landscape

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.