1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Proslide for big boys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcguirt, Apr 13, 2004.

1. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

How does the proslide work for some of the bigger boys out there? I am on the heavy side 250 and was wondering how they work. I have heard they work fine from someone else that is on the XXL size. I have a Exmark 48 Metro HP 17hp Kawasaki.

Thanks

2. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

I posted a similar post this morning on the same topic. I've only heard from guys that are 200lbs or below. So far it shouldnÂ’t be a problem. But I too would like to hear from someone that is 250'ish.

Pete

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would just go with two wheels. Thet travel with SO much less drag. I think the invention of this "wheel" thing is really starting to take off!

4. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I am a big guy- pushing 300 lbs and both proslide and 2 wheel sulky work fine, Hydro seem to respond better , the belt drives require aliitle more maint so belts don't slip.

5. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

I got my proslide today and installed and I am close to 300 and the at the slightest of hills and I mean slight, the mower wants to stand up. Anything I can do to stop this? Do the other mounting holes make a difference? I have heard about weights. If I am on flat ground it rides fine actually great! I couldn't believe what a smooth ride it is, but if I can't get the mower to stay down I will get some wheels. Please HELP!!

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

scmguirt, Even with wheels it's going to happen when going up hill you will probly have to buy a weight kit for your mower in the near future.

What do you run?

7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

scmguirt, i'm 155 andwhen i start going up a small hill with the proslide the thing wheelies right up on me too.

8. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

I have a Exmark Metro 48 HP 15 Kawasaki. Do the weights really help that much?