Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how a well a proslide will work with a 36" belt drive mower if at all? Not sure if mower this size will pull a proslide. Would love the stiping action if it would.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would think it would if you had enough horse power. I have a pro slide on my 54 inch bobcat with the 17 horse Kohler. Its a little under powered.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have a pro-slide on my 32" Metro, 12.5 Hp and it works fine. Doc Pete - why you selling the slide? I may be interested in it as a backup. Mine is wearing out. 2 full years of use....

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I have the 36" hydro with 15hp and it pulls fine. No problem so I would say on a 12.5 and up with a belt you should not have a problem. Might need weight on the frount end though.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by Doogiegh
I have a pro-slide on my 32" Metro, 12.5 Hp and it works fine. Doc Pete - why you selling the slide? I may be interested in it as a backup. Mine is wearing out. 2 full years of use....
Doog,
I thought I'd try it with my Hustler. It gives a nice soft ride, but I use backwards so much, I found out real fast I needed the bullrider.
Let me know,
thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Does Proslide have a website to check their stuff out, never tried one, in love with one wheeled Velke.

www.novaecorp.com

I love the Proslide, I also like the Bullrider, each for different reasons. I think this year, I will switch back and forth between them every few weeks for a change of pace.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Hey Doc-what's that Proslide retail for? I couldn't get a price from the site, it had a dead link from 2001 prices.I might be interested as well.-Bill

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by impactlandscaping
Hey Doc-what's that Proslide retail for? I couldn't get a price from the site, it had a dead link from 2001 prices.I might be interested as well.-Bill
I think it's in the $250 range............
John Gamba may have a been feel for the current price.... you up John??????
DP

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Anyone interested in purchasing a Proslide needs to check out ebay. They are selling on there starting at $120.00-125.00, brand new in box. I called the manufacturer and they are $355.00. I bought 2 off ebay for about the price of 1. I have been using them for a couple of months now and like them so far. Good luck.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have been using a slide and I am begining to think that it adds extra weight to the back wheels and is making it a lot easier to get ruts. I think this because the weight is so low compared to a wheeled sulky and then the added friction from the slide. Plus the wieghts on the front to keep the front end down.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this. I plan to start using a wheeled sulky at the begining of this season and see if there is a difference.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Wbarton, it’ll work fine. I had a 14hp single cylinder Kawasaki on a 52” hydro Scag and it did fine with the Proslide. If yours is the V-twin engine it’ll work even better than mine. Mine was 11 years old and getting tired still did just fine.

Impact I’ve heard around $350.

Trex, I’ve not noticed anything like that. In fact I thought it’s been better than wheeled ones for ruts since it itself won’t rut. Maybe if you run it on hills it might make the rear tires dig in more… what mower you running it on and what size tires does the mower have (back tires)? I have thought about going to a castoring sulky like a BullRider just for alittle faster maneuvering like less resistance in turns, ability to do 3 point turns without stepping off, etc. Still haven’t decided. I may build a castoring one and keep the Pro then I can use whichever one I like better on certain properties/days. I’d built one a while back and I used it before the Proslide but when I got the Pro I sold it to a homeowner for their w/b. The Proslide is great I do love it, step off and have a walk behind instantly for tight areas or hills. That’s the only reason I use it over a castored sulky.

Automotive tire Plant Asphalt Road surface Motor vehicle

·
Registered
487 Posts
I forgot to add that I am using it on 36" belt drive Metro HP. It seems to work fine other than my mower rutting which might not have anything to do with the slide.

FSM, I make turns without ever stepping off my slide, but like you it would nice to be able to switch if needed for hills or just because.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
others using that mower and the Pro have not reported problems... are your lawns just sandy or wet? I don't usually step off during turns either or I'd never get the lawns done lol.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Originally posted by Gabriel Turf
Holy Cow BHB! Be careful with that thing or you might suck up the customer's children! or pets, or shrubs....LOL!
LOL ya it's my vac I built for it. No tools quick mount on all of it, 5hp B&S strong and lightweight, can pop off the discharge intake to sneak through gates, dual hoppers can be lined with trash bags if needed. It only cost me $175 to build including the engine and blower vac. The pic was taken before I put on new hoses, those were old ones I put on to try it out. I only use it for leaves unless I get a request to bag a lawn or do spring cleanups with it. Kinda hard to see around and it's alot of dust in your face (other similar vacs for w/b's have that problem too though).

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Originally posted by Doc Pete
DP

I think i paid 300 or 320.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Originally posted by Doc Pete
DP
Hay Pete!!!
When is Hustler coming out with the cruise control on the SWB?? Is it like in spring of 04 summer 04?? If you could get a DATE that would be cool.
john

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.