Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
The pics of apples makes me want to go purchase some. Perfection.
Well growing good high quality apples is pretty much like growing very high quality turfgrass, it just doesn't happen by accident. It would be a pretty hard sell to tell the average homeowner that they need applications at the very minimum every 14 days. That is the IPM schedule I am on right now, but as these trees are coming into bearing, that will be stepped up quite a bit.

The reason I have gone the route I have is high quality apples require a IPM regime. It doesn't take much more time or product to spray all the trees I have right now than the 28 very large standard sized trees I had before. By the time the sprayer is put on the 3 point, Tyvac suit donned, chemicals are mixed, sprayed, then clean up one gets into economy's of scale. What I was doing before just didn't justify the expenditure of time and product. Now I will have much more yield, getting rid of it will be the next hurdle. But just like the 25 cord of oak firewood I cut and process a year. IMHO good high quality products will sell themselves, (I hope)

Here is my other dalliance for the Winter months:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.