• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Prototype SCAG SFC 30” push mower

Rowdies

LawnSite Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=781mOqssTls

I would buy this today if it were available, as shown. It’s shown with the Kohler 224cc engine, dual non-timed blades, deck heights in 1/4” increments with a vertical pin drop, and an hour meter.

It does not look like a 1 gallon gas tank though.

I’m tempted to hold off buying a toro Turfmaster, or Ferris FW15, and wait for this. I hope they release it soon

Last edited:

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
That thing didn’t even mow any grass. Let’s see it perform in real conditions SCAG.

Wobbles

LawnSite Member
That thing didn’t even mow any grass. Let’s see it perform in real conditions SCAG.
It’s a prototype. They didn’t even have the height adjustment working in the model shown. That’s how early in development it is.

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Prototype or not it should be put to the test and see where it has weakness, and tweak what’s needed. That’s something id like to see, instead of a fan boy video imo...

Wobbles

LawnSite Member
Prototype or not it should be put to the test and see where it has weakness, and tweak what’s needed. That’s something id like to see, instead of a fan boy video imo...
I’ve been following it along closely and I’m pretty sure scag mentioned somewhere in the comments that they’re planning to demo them out to companies prior to release for precisely that reason. The video was made to show case what’s coming and also to get feedback from the community as to what features they’d like added. So what you see in that video will likely be significantly different then the final model.

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
I’ve been following it along closely and I’m pretty sure scag mentioned somewhere in the comments that they’re planning to demo them out to companies prior to release for precisely that reason. The video was made to show case what’s coming and also to get feedback from the community as to what features they’d like added. So what you see in that video will likely be significantly different then the final model.
Appreciate all your feedback. I hope it’s better than the 30 toro. I had 3, would get another, but still hesitant..