• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

PSSS HEY YOU WANTAA GET SOME ACCOUNTS

As for asking what lawn service they use i ran a lawn care here before for 5 years i am well known i wanted to see if there would be anyone who wrote my name i relize it is not important.I have edited my real copy were it doesn't ask that.<p>People acully come up here from florida to cut grass and flofida is 2 hour away you don't have to belive me i don't care.<p>As for asking I don't under cut that would be real stupid and if I did it would only be by 5 dollers if I even cared to.what I do is find a target customer. When I find one I show them the problem with there current lawn care you see There are lawn care here but they are ametures THESE people use murreys and electric weedeats I'm not kidding they cut the grass and don't even blow off nor edge flower beds have a ton of weeds there is only one quy and he uses john deere homeowner mowers they don't even Know about commercail equiment I showed a brocher of scags to one guy (he has cut for around three year MR. MURRY MAN) Know what he said ooh woo they make mower that turn on a dime??HAHAHA <p>Look i am doing fine with this idea i am just presenting my self and getting the idea across to the that i am better.<br> DAVID

Guido

LawnSite Silver Member
David H - your confusing yourself I think!! How can you say you don't undercut your price when in your littlesurvey it says... that you'll give all the added services for the same price as the last guy???? You can make up your prices by what the last guy charged, you have different overhead, etc. Good Luck though! Hope you can have a profit this year!<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
I must concur, I could care less what the other guy is getting for the job, I know my overhead and its not the same as the other guys. To base your quote on what someone else is quoting tells me you dont know your cost of doing business.<p>Keep it up, and stick around this forum, this fall I might like to buy some of your equipment at fire-sale prices, since you will not be making any money and be looking towards a career in consulting next spring.<p>Bill

dhicks

I don't see the questionaire as a means to undercut the competition. I view it as an alternative to substandard services that are currently being provided by the current mower. <p>I have never been on an estimate where the potential customer didn't tell me what they are currently paying for service, e.g., directly or indirectly when I give them my offer. <p>I feel that in most cases, when the customer tells me what he/she is paying, is frequently Bull SH*t. What the customer is really telling you is what they want to pay for lawn service. <br><p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

Guido

LawnSite Silver Member
DHICKS - Sorry, I should have changed my wording around a little bit, after I read my last post again it sounds confusing. I don't think he's trying to undercut the competition, The problem I had was that he is undercutting himself. It says right in his survey that hewould do all the services the property is not getting now for the same preice as the last guy doing it!! Like I said before, what if a scrub that charges $20- for $120- worth of work has the account right now, and David H, sends them this flyer that says he will do a better job for the same price, You'd jump on it right??? I just don't think you should base your price on the last guys price. Different overhead and expenses right?? You can't make money this way!!<br> <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

KirbysLawn

Millenium Member
Agree with with Guido. I bid on a HOA grounds a few months ago, they called me back and asked if I could &quot;match&quot; the current companies price, the person I spoke with said we were a little more. I stated my understanding but stood firm on my price. I explained different companies have different overhead and expenses. Also, the other comany was lower but also has failed to install pineneedles in over 6 months. <p>I think they stayed with the other company and I did not get the bid, but I stayed firm and quoted what I needed to charge.<p>If the survey works fine, I would not state I would do better work at the same price as the current company because you don't know that for a fact. You could get burned doing this.

B

Bladecutter

Dave, <br>Nice job!Up here in NY i use something real similar and have picked up a ton of new commercial accounts. Sometimes people don't take a look at the property untill you bring these things up. If the comp is doing a good job then they have nothing to worry about. If they aren't.....

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
I agree that it's a decent idea, as long as you're targeting the places that need the help. Here in Flint Michigan (and surrounding areas) there is ALOT of good work going on. To come on to someones job that looks good just because &quot;it would be a nice place to do&quot; would earn you alot of disrespect and amatuer status real quick like. I'm shown bids by some of my customers for 1/2 the cost sometimes as what I do them for. These bids all end up in the same place and I keep the accounts year after year. I'm definetely not known to be cheap on prices- as a matter of fact I'm known to be rather pricey. This almost helps my image. My idea was to present a questionaire of this type, but asking about MY service. Then have my customers send them in anonomously. This would allow them not feel uninhibited to answer freely. Quality and service is my most important concern. Has anyone else had the same idea?

jcoat

LawnSite Member
I am just entering this fall, so forgive me if I don't offer all the services you guys do. Here's my addition to your questionnaire:<br>HLM Inc., A Lawn Services Company<p>Name of your business? ______________________________________________________<p>On-site decision-making contact: ______________________________________________<p>What date do you accept lawn maintenance bids? ____/____/____<p>Which lawn company do you use? __________________________________________ <p>Are you receiving good value for the work performed? ___ Yes ___ No<p>How much are you charged for the service? $_________ Per Month / Visit (circle one) <p>The work is performed every? ___ 7 days ___ 10 days ___ 14 days ___ Monthly ___On call <p>What do these include? __Cut __Edge __ Trim __ Blow/vacuum __Pick up Trash <p>Does the service provide yearly dethatching and aeration? ___Yes ___No<p>Are there weeds and grass in the flowerbeds caused by the lawn company? ___Yes ___No<br>Would you like weeds removed from flowerbeds? ___Yes ___No<br> <br>Please rate your current lawn service. 1 being excellent and 5 being poor: 1 2 3 4 5<p>If you are unaware of terminology, please contact us and we will be happy to educate you with scientific facts regarding the effectiveness of these applications!<p>Comments:___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________<p>HLM Inc. offers edging, trimming, mowing, dethatching, deep core aerification, surface blowing, gutter cleaning, and lawn leaf removal. We have a commitment to you, the customer, to provide special touches such as full surface cleaning after we have maintained your grounds.<p>HLM Inc. is commitmented to it’s customers, with value-added services, and to the environment, using the most energy efficient equipment available.<p>HLM Inc. would like to become your lawn maintenance service if you are dissatisfied. If you receive great service from your current lmo, then great! When spring comes, please keep us in mind when accepting bids.<p>Thank you for filling this questionnaire. We have learned a lot from your input.<br>