PTO Clutch "Retainer" - Craftsman

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by D C, Apr 19, 2010.

  1. D C

    D C LawnSite Member
    Messages: 82

    If I knew what it was called, it would be easier to find.

    This is on a friend's Craftsman GT3000 Model 917.275021
    Crank bolt fell off somehow, mower clutch/PTO was damaged

    Upon closer inspection, it's also now missing the part/pin that prevents the frame of the PTO clutch from spinning. The clutch, like most, is triangular shaped and must have a pin of some sort that prevents the frame from spinning. That piece is no longer on his tractor.

    Anyone know:
    1) What that pin thing is called? or a part #
    2) How to order one?

  2. Shasta Lake Landscaping

    Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 436

  3. Restrorob

    Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,029

    This machine doesn't use a pin, If you look at the frame closely you should be able to see where the old clutch was hitting. They will move back and forth a little once installed.
  4. D C

    D C LawnSite Member
    Messages: 82

    That's the reason I started this thread. We looked at the images online and there simply isn't anything visible in the part images that looks remotely like what I would expect.

    So it hits a tab on the frame or something like that?

  5. Diesel59

    Diesel59 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 21

    Does it actually have the triangular clutch on it that is shown on the diagram? Or is the cluch more round with a tab at one end? Either way.... The triangle one would normally use a bracket in the shape of a large U and the round one would normaly use a tab. But your right there is nothing on the diagram that shows it.
  6. Restrorob

    Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,029

  7. D C

    D C LawnSite Member
    Messages: 82

    Thanks Rob. I'll pass the info along. Based on his description, I was expecting to see a pin of some sort.

Share This Page