PTO wood chippers for compact tractors

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Carlos Leach, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Carlos Leach

Carlos Leach LawnSite Member

my area has passed a ordinance, "that all lawn and landscape services must haul off all debris themselves", that said I maintain around 40 properties with lots of shrubs and small trees. My plan is to chip up the debris either for the owner or haul off. Any recommendations on PTO chippers I have a B2601 Kubota.

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Know how you feel. We have the same thing here, though not usually enforced. I use a DR chipper parked right where I'm working. Debris goes straight in after being cut. Use more fuel this way but labor savings makes up for the extra run time. Can discharge into containers so clean up is easy. Actually bought it for 1 job years ago. Has earned a permanent spot on the truck since.

hort101 and Carlos Leach like this.
  3. greenleafgreenscapes

greenleafgreenscapes LawnSite Member
    Male, from Wi

I have a bear cat 3 pt chipper on my 2038r. It handles i believe up to 4 1/2 inch branches.
    It works fabulous. Discharge chute rotates 360 degrees so can blow it anywhere you want or into the back of our 1 ton dump

hort101 and Carlos Leach like this.
  4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

Why cant you haul it off to the landfill

5. Carlos Leach

Carlos Leach LawnSite Member

They charge $38.00 a trip, no matter if its a Pickup truck load or trailer load... plus just today we cut 2 trailer loads of shrubs and limbs if I had the chipper it would have been less than half of that and less time traveling

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

$38 a trip , thats cheap .

woodlawnservice likes this.