As far as the carb problem goes, the dealer took the carb apart and cleaned it up for me, so the float shouldn't be stuck at this point. I may try turning the fuel off after each cutting and see if that helps. Update on the blade engagement....I removed the inspection cover, and discovered a LOT of dirt and crud built up under the belt covers, so I pulled it completely off. At first glance, it appears that you have to take off the front guard to get that black plastic belt cover off, but you don't. It will come off with a bit of finesse. I then hosed off all the crud. Important tip: In order to get all the crap out of there, I had to hose it down from the top, and then lift the mower up, and from the underside....put the hose up under the deck and into the area where there is an opening to the belts. The amount of crap up in there was surprising. After cleaning it all out, the blade engagement seemed to work better, but when I went to use it on a lawn, it was still a No go. As soon as I got into any decent grass, the blade speed dropped, and wouldn't cut right. Lift the mower up out of the grass, and you can hear the blade speed come back up to normal. Im pretty sure its the belt out of adjustment still...so I will have to go back and try to accomplish that procedure another day. I'm trying to avoid another trip back to the dealer. Despite the recent problems, I still like the mower. I also should mention that here in West Texas, not all the lawns we cut are nice green grass (at least not the ones I have to cut). Some lawns are lush green, and some are dust bowls that are bumpy, uneven, and full of rocks, gravel and dirt. That stuff is hard on a mower...so I feel I should mention those things in addition to discussing the recent problems im having.