1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pulled the trigger on Snapper Pro 72"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mopar92, Jun 14, 2011.

1. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

I bought a 200xt 72" with the Briggs / Dihatsu V twin . I just finished mowing easy, 3/4 throttle and all I can say is ... Nice. Very well built (looking). Welds, fit and finish, paint/powder coat, etc looks thought out. My yard is stone flat with 7"-9" grass ( needed mowing!). That engine didn't even bog at 3/4 power and about 7/8 speed. The seat is very comfortable. In comparing it to my best friends 72" Exmark with a 27hp? Kawasaki. The Exmark has been a great mower for him, and it does really well. 3 of us have 72" mowers that we only use for our residence. The Exmark "stripes" a little nicer, but the Snapper is a solid cut. For $8700 with tax (9%), I felt like this was a good purchase. I really wanted a used mower, but nothing in the last 6 months of looking was taken care of and not just beaten on. Oh, the only other con I have found so far is enormous stick pressure! Your arms will be tired of pushing after an hour... The Exmark and Dixie Chopper have 1/2 the stick tension..... Thanks for those who gave me good input on the Snapper brand.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Check the dampers, they might be adjustable.

3. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

Yeah, thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jtsnipe

jtsnipe LawnSite Member

You mite be ok running 3/4 throttle but most hydro pumps are designed to run at full throttle,3600rpm on gas engines.Nice mower.

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Congrats! Keep us up to date and post some pics!!

6. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How big is your yard anyway? The Snapper sounds good btw.

7. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

10.5 flat acres. I mow it all. I couldn't find it in me to run wide open on a zero hour engine. 2.5 hours it took me to do 10 acres... As a race engine builder, now that I have a couple of hours, we will mow wide open.... :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. A-1 LAWN

A-1 LAWN LawnSite Member
    from kansas

break it in like you are going to use it!! wide open!! I have the 61 inch 200 and love it!!

9. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

Bearings need just a tad of low speed, low heat break in. I can't believe how much more comfortable it is than my best friends Exmark seat... I hope it last me 10+ years... I'm figuring 50-60 hours a year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Mrplowcjc

Mrplowcjc LawnSite Member

Any pics? Is that the normal price. Is this a full blown commercial mower. That price seems very low for a 72" mower. I have exmark 72" mowers and paid a lot more than that.