Pulling the trigger on an SR2000 today.

gartlandlawncare

LawnSite Member
I Love the SR2000, i dont own one but I use them on the golf course i work at. They are so nice to push and throw a really nice pattern. The new Lesco spreaders are junk. But I do like the older Lesco short handle spreaders

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
love that spreader. have had one for 12 years. the only thing i have every had to mess with was the cable that operates the side delfector corodes andhad to be replaced every single year. this was before i used fluid film, but either way, i just use a bungy now to keep it down or up. very easy to push compared to lesco, and a nicer pattern. it is easy to adjust the pattern too with the cone, for dif products

OP
Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername

LawnSite Silver Member
love that spreader. have had one for 12 years. the only thing i have every had to mess with was the cable that operates the side delfector corodes andhad to be replaced every single year. this was before i used fluid film, but either way, i just use a bungy now to keep it down or up. very easy to push compared to lesco, and a nicer pattern. it is easy to adjust the pattern too with the cone, for dif products
Thanks for the heads up! Also, I need some help with the cone setting. The lime I bought had no specifications nor did the Barricade I used - all we're test runs in my lawn. I read the manual but all it says is to go by the bag :hammerhead:

I had it where the protruding tab was on the 4 or 5 position, is that a good starting point?

In fact, anyone can chime in with some help!

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
The helical cone pattern adjustment system works nice. Yes, I normally used mine with the cone set at 5.

The deflector control will never fail, but the cable that adjusts the pattern on the right side by closing off the left hole, corroded eventually. Any mower shop can replace it or sell you a generic cable control.

Eventually I added a digital speedometer and sqft counter.

Now get out there and wax your new spreader. I learned that here. It makes the fert in the hopper flow better and prevents sticking to the metal parts on the lower half.

I wish they made the rustproof plastic wheels black--so they don't show the dirty oil stains from oil and grease on the axle.

OP
Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername

LawnSite Silver Member
The helical cone pattern adjustment system works nice. Yes, I normally used mine with the cone set at 5.

The deflector control will never fail, but the cable that adjusts the pattern on the right side by closing off the left hole, corroded eventually. Any mower shop can replace it or sell you a generic cable control.

Eventually I added a digital speedometer and sqft counter.

Now get out there and wax your new spreader. I learned that here. It makes the fert in the hopper flow better and prevents sticking to the metal parts on the lower half.

I wish they made the rustproof plastic wheels black--so they don't show the dirty oil stains from oil and grease on the axle.
Thanks Riggle! After I got discouraged I went back out and tried it at 3 or 4, it seemed to have an even nicer pattern, focusing a lot on the front around 10 and 2 o clock, was that just an illusion? I was using Lime when I did it. I still can't figure out what it does to the pattern to move the cone one way or the other?

Also, thanks for the wax tip, I will hit it in a day or so.