1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pumpkin seeds-oddities

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by meets1, Mar 27, 2013.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone grown pumpkins. We're thinking about it for our nursery and another avenue of income. I want the odd looking punmpkins, gorges, etc. anyone plant theses before? Any good seed companies you would recommend? I realize I should be in a different forum but the nursery forum is ssslllllloooooowwwww. No one ever there. So thought I would ask the lawn crew men.

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Well I wanted input but got moved. 82 hits and no comments.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

A local botanic garden uses big pumpkins for decoration and display in the fall. I think they are grown under contract by a local grower. I am pretty sure they pay top dollar for a few big ones. They are about 4 feet in diameter--amazing. They also buy a lot of medium size for decoration 12 to 18".
    If you can find a farmer's market to sell them or a local store--should work. Its a lot of work to load and unload them.