Pumptec is here to help

Pumptecguy

Inactive
Welcome to Pumptec's Forum! :)

Pumptec designs and manufactures pumps of our own patented design in the USA.:usflag: Pumptec pumps provide maximum performance for lowest amount of energy use when compared to roller, centrifugal, small plastic and large gas engine-driven diaphragm pumps. For this reason, Pumptec plunger pumps provide the maximum performance possible from a 12 or 24 VDC powered system. As an added bonus, Pumptec plunger pumps do not have diaphragms to fail you during a job.:nono: The complete repair tool kit is a 3/16" hex wrench and your fingers!:)

Please feel free to ask any questions, or post any comments, and we will do our best answer these for you.

Thanks.

OP
P

Pumptecguy

Inactive
We are a designer and manufacturer of patented pumping systems. We do NOT have products for the irrigation market or similar pump controllers. We are not affiliated with Franklin Electric who markets a well pump controller named PUMPTEC with a similar logo look.

Pumptec:
1) is 1 word.
2) does not have an "h"
3) the only capital letter is the "P".
4) is located in Anoka, Mn
5) USA company with products 'made in a America by Americans'. :usflag:

Springmeadows

LawnSite Senior Member
I would like to build a small skid sprayer and use a 12 V pump rather than the gas engine/roller pump my first skid sprayer had. Can you recommend a good model # to do tree spraying from a 30-50 gallon skid sprayer?

OP
P

Pumptecguy

Inactive
David:

The pump choice for tree spraying is not difficult once I know what size nozzle you are using. This is not that important, however, because there are practical limits.

The simple reality is that most sprayers (gas engine) can only spray up 30-35 ft based upon physics and horsepower limits. There is a ratio of flow to pressure that must be maintained in order to maximize distance. The 'cost' in terms of $$, HP and equipment size for a marginal gain of a 1-2 feet is very large.

Most operators use a JD-9 type of gun with a #6 nozzle (not the same as Spraying Systems #6) and this nozzle will provide about 35 ft of vertical throw with 3 gpm and 150 psi. Our standard 30 amp pump and regulator set has this performance - PN 80835. We also offer a 50 amp set-up that provides up to 210 psi with more flow and about 1 more foot in vertical throw.

Unlike the roller pump you have, our pump will provide the same performance over a long time frame. Roller pumps wear out and lose flow relatively quickly.

You can save yourself some time, and maybe money, by buying the 50 gallon skid sprayer from JDL. PNs 80810 (manual reel) or 80812 (electric reel). Both of these include an on-board charging system and battery box. You will need to call Interstate Battery and order a SRM-27 battery, however.

They also carry PN 80815 "Gator" 30 gallon unit, too. This simple sprayer features our PN 80326 Spray Basic pump set up, 1.5 gpm and 150 psi. This will get you about 30 ft and has a smaller frame without on-board battery box and charging system.

All of these are available from John Deere Landscapes with the indicated PNs.

If you have any other questions, please reply or call 763-205-8350.

Springmeadows

LawnSite Senior Member
OK. I'm not a real fan of John Deere Landscapes at all. They are pretty unrealistic on their pricing and service around here. The closest one is 2.5 hours away. Thanks anyway.

bogey2

LawnSite Member
We just purchased a Pumptec series 350U 100 gal electric sprayer, to do mainly liquid fertilizer and broadleaf weed applications to turfgrass. I currently have a chemlawn spray gun with the 2 gal/min nozzle on it and am having trouble acheiving my desired coverage and more importanly my gpm (which I would like to be around 1-1.5 and are currently around 3.5). Do you have any gun and nozzle recommendations, please note that I am looking for a low drift option as well.

Thanks

OP
P

Pumptecguy

Inactive
bogey:

Is the issue that you have too much flow (3.5) and you want less flow (1-1.5 gpm)?

The challenge with these lawn guns is that they do not create very much back pressure - the hydraulic effect used for most gun sizing. I am assuming you are looking for a lawn gun type of nozzle, right?

Due to the shower head type of design of these nozzles, I do not know of a gun that is so small as to allow that low of flow. You can experiment with water and a bucket on pressure settings at the the regulator. Set the regulator to a lower pressure (70 psi?) and see what type of flow comes from your current gun at that pressure. The line loss of the flow through 300' of 3/8" hose will diminish flow to the gun at that lower pressure setting. You may find that a 60 psi pressure setting results in 1 to 1.5 gpm out of your current gun.

Another option is to put a small fitting between the hose and gun to choke back some flow. This added resistance will result in more water to be by-passed back at the regulator, but it is a little bit of a crap shoot to find the size.

I will research and see what else I can find.