1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

purge air from pump

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by phenomenomm, Feb 1, 2009.

1. phenomenomm

phenomenomm LawnSite Member
    from Ok

What happens when you don’t purge the air out of the pump in the pressure washer? I loaned it out to my wife’s cousin, she said it was making a lugging noise so she quit using it. Today I want to wash my truck check fluids, purge the air start the washer and go to wash my truck nothing happens. Just the water from the sipcket power comes out.
    I got a troy-bilt 2550 PSI Pressure Washer - Model # 020213-0 that I got from lowes. Thanks in advanced -Jon

2. ToniDavies

ToniDavies Sponsor

Does this unit have the nozzle that pulls out for high pressure push in for low pressure? If so check that. I know I probably sound crazy but I have used a pressure washer myself numerous times and was really frustrated in the fall thinking my unit was broken all I got was the water coming out very slowly finally stopped and thought about it (after 2 hours) and checked the nozzle sure enough it was stuck half way between low/high. Worth a try.:confused:

3. phenomenomm

phenomenomm LawnSite Member
    from Ok

No, I wish it was. I called troy-bilt they said it was probably a pump. $156 for the pump and $16 for shipping. I was thinking of looking at pawn shops for a used pressure washer.