Push Mowing

shelbylawn

LawnSite Member
Are there any solo acts on here that make a decent living just push mowing, edging and blowing? I know you would have to hump it on a daily basis, but it sounds like a great job if possible. If there is anyone who is succesful at this, I would love to pick your brain.

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
There will be a few. You know how long a lawn takes. You can do only so many a day and week. You have a relatively short season. It is just very limiting. I would rather shoot myself in the face than be behind a 21 all day in this heat. Do you plan on bagging too? If so make that two bullets for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

TX Easymoney

LawnSite Platinum Member
There will be a few. You know how long a lawn takes. You can do only so many a day and week. You have a relatively short season. It is just very limiting. I would rather shoot myself in the face than be behind a 21 all day in this heat. Do you plan on bagging too? If so make that two bullets for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its painful...when we were kids all the yards were pushed mowed...it was lame to use a self propelled mower...then we got a walk behind and suddenly I realized my exhausted evenings went away....much more productive. ...THEN you get a hydro...its like driving a Cadillac. I turn down lawns where we are required to use 21 inch mowers...its painful to ask my guys to do it

tonygreek

LawnSite Platinum Member
Are there any solo acts on here that make a decent living just push mowing, edging and blowing? I know you would have to hump it on a daily basis, but it sounds like a great job if possible. If there is anyone who is succesful at this, I would love to pick your brain.
At the bank you work at, do your tellers hand count the unrolled bags of change people lug in? Why not?

OP
S

shelbylawn

LawnSite Member
Actually Tony, we do not have a coin counter, along with most other banks. But I do see your point. Still not deterred, but thanks for your input.

SonoranScapes

LawnSite Member
I wish I could make a living just mowing and blowing. You see, where I live, landscaping maintenance is mostly hedging all day long and blowing TONS of crap out of the rock. And I don't want to hear people from back east complaining about heat, none of you are working in 120 degrees like we are .
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums