• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Put a hydraulic jack on my mower!

burnandreturn

LawnSite Senior Member
I built an onboard hydraulic jack for my mower. I just push a button and the front end of the mower goes up in the air 35 inches. Enough to change blades and clean under the deck. Still have some refinements to make to the jack, but it works.

Eleven yr. old walks in and I'm sitting there making my mower go up and down, with this strange look on my face. She made some comment about how I needed to get out more!!!!!!!

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
"Eleven yr. old walks in and I'm sitting there making my mower go up and down, with this strange look on my face. She made some comment about how I needed to get out more!!!!!!!"

LMAO- your daughter must be best friends or something with mine, the speak the same language.

mowerman90

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by burnandreturn
I built an onboard hydraulic jack for my mower. I just push a button and the front end of the mower goes up in the air 35 inches. Enough to change blades and clean under the deck. Still have some refinements to make to the jack, but it works.

Eleven yr. old walks in and I'm sitting there making my mower go up and down, with this strange look on my face. She made some comment about how I needed to get out more!!!!!!!
Pictures, we need to see pictures!

OP
B

burnandreturn

LawnSite Senior Member
I mounted a 12v hydraulic pump under the seat. Ran the hydraulic lines along the frame up to the front. Put quick disconnet fittings on the lines. Took a pipe and made a hinge on one end and attached it to the bumper on one side. Mounted a hydraulic ram inbetween the bumper and this hinged pipe. Simple once it was done but I right now just have everything bolted together(wanted to experiment with the attachment points of the cylinder.). I could now run a snow plow or some other implents. I will make a hitch ball that can be raised and lowered. This I will use to move bumper pull trailers at a trailer sales lot I mow. Plan A is to drive up to trailer, maneuver ball under hitch on trailer, press button to raise ball, mover trailer to mow, move trailer back. The owner loved not having to move the trailers himself.

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member
Originally posted by STAN1366
Sounds like this is something you should pattent. Great idea!

I think its been done before, I saw something similar, I believe on a Country Clipper ztr.