Put my hands on a new Toro Timemaster 30''

RGM

LawnSite Senior Member
I work part time at Home Depot and we got the Timemaster in Tues night. It looks like a good mower for cutting were you can't get to with your walk behinds 36" or larger. It has the same drive as the Personal Pace looks like a bigger trans with a shape similar to a pearless like on my snapper walk behinds. It is 8.75 ft torque lbs briggs professional engine has a kind of similar walk behind frame with a separate dual blade deck grease less spindles. The handle is adjustable for me a good thing I think most lawn mower handles sit to low. The tires are rubber and wider then regular lawnmowers taller and even wider in the back. Its definitely a heaver gauge metal then then toro lawnmowers. It comes with a recoil start with with a blade engage level on handle and a kill switch. I looked at the manual and it showed other engine options which included a Vanguard with oil filter and electric start version. So maybe it will be available in a slightly more commercial version at the dealers. I'll find at more at the Depots power equipment show next month. I have to get a new walk behind for this year and I think I might pay the extra money and get it instead of a new Honda.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
Are the timed parallel blades belt driven...with a cogged belt? This sticks out as a weak point to me. Will the mechanism survive a hidden tree-stump? Time will tell.

OP
RGM

RGM

LawnSite Senior Member
yes they are

organiclawncanada

LawnSite Member
I looked at one at the Landscape Ontario Show in Toronto, and it looked like a decent unit. Certainly is an alternative to a full size walk behind. You can buy 3 of these for the cost of one walkbehind. I am giving it serious consideration. :canadaflag:

torotorotoro

LawnSite Senior Member
i will definatly look into one . what is home depot getting for these. they are not here yet. i would not mind a homeowner version. i have two comercial toros now. one with 2 cycle suzike and one with new kaw. i love them both, but i saw they have a totally redesighned 21'' with a honda engine. i was looking at on of these because it has a true side discharge. i will hold off till i see one of these 30''

organiclawncanada

LawnSite Member
My only hesitation is the personal pace system, as I have never used one before.

Mlawonn

Banned
I would love to see pictures and/or seeing it in action when the season starts...any teaser pictures now? I am really interested in one myself. I am glad that they are putting on a commercial engine as well

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Are the timed parallel blades belt driven...with a cogged belt? This sticks out as a weak point to me. Will the mechanism survive a hidden tree-stump? Time will tell.
My Ferris 36 with a cogged blade timing belt didn't even have to hit anything. The belt just jumped one day and destroyed the blades. I put 2 new blades and a belt on it and that lasted about 50 hours before the saddles on both spindles broke. The mower has been retired with under 200 hours on it. I do not have patience for that kind of crap.