putting a spreader in a "holder" off the back of truck..

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Nov 15, 2012.

  1. georgialawn88

    georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,075

    Does anyone know where they would sell something to hold your spreader off of the back of a pick up truck? Instead of sliding it in the truck and strapping it down there has to be something easier. thanks fellas
  2. WestGaPineStraw

    WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 765

    I got one that holds two spreaders, you want to buy it? It's aluminum. Very nice goes in hitch receiver, $100. I paid $375 for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

    CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,462

    I would go with the one above or here's another op http://www.reallyinnovations.com/spreader3.html

    Charles Cue
  4. georgialawn88

    georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,075

    west ga pine, pm sent
  5. RigglePLC

    RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 13,808

    I should point out that you can secure your spreader firmly with a two inch piece of chain bolted to the left rear corner of the bed. Use a sturdy dog snap. Best if you replace one of the handle bolts with a stainless steel eyebolt. Snap it on, raise the tailgate... and the spread cannot move left, right or tip over. Add padlock if the truck will be unattended, for extra security.
    Click my name for pictures--but they do not show the set up close enough.
  6. inzane

    inzane LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,478

    i got mine from rittenhouse for like 90 bucks... if you can get that double spreader holder from westga for 100 bucks sounds like a great deal. spreader carrier on back of the truck definetly makes things so much easier.

    CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,462

    Just as long as you remember it's back there I bet there's been a few squished

    Charles Cue
  8. Hissing Cobra

    Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 705

    We sell them at John Deere Landscapes for around $85.00 each. They're called Spreader Caddy's. I've got a few customers who've mounted them on the front of their trucks as well. They slide into receiver hitches and are very easy to use.

Share This Page