Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to distribute between 5k and 10k doorhangers by early spring. I started scoping out some neighborhoods to target and about 1/3 of them have no soliciting signs. Do you all have your guys hit them anyways and play stupid if you get a complaint or just skip them?

·
Registered
487 Posts
We ran across a neighborhood a couple years back that had the same thing. We honestly didnt see the sign since it is small and blends in with the community entrance sign.

We handed out postcards and threw them in the built in newspaper box on their mailbox stand. Had one guy turn us in to the post master. Long story short... if the mailbox is attached to it...it becomes property of the UPS.

We stay out of these neighborhoods. or use direct mailing.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I plan on having guys actually hang them on the doors. I've known for years to stay away from mailboxes. Do the HOA's actually have any pull to fine or???
Not usually.
Unless they consider the HOA (or condo assoc.) private property. Then it's trespassing.
Then they could technically slap you with one count of trespassing per flyer/doorhanger.

Nice, hefty fine.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i cant stand hangers left on doors or mailboxes. when i come home and see them i think its some small time business with no insurance and struggling...not who i want to hire. not to mention 75% of them end up on the ground blowing around.. not what i want my business to be know for....littering

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would skip these neighborhoods if they say no soliciting. I would try to advertise in the HOA newsletter. Most of the bigger neighborhoods have a quarterly newsletter that goes out to the residents. Maybe even put a price in the ad "most yards $35" or something like that. If it is not a cookie cutter subdivision, I would leave the price out. I would call a resident in the subdivision and ask who is on the board. Let them know that you will help offset the cost of the letter by putting your name and ad in the letter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.