• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

putting sand on beach

flykelley

LawnSite Member
Hi Guys
This is a new one for me, I have a customer who lives on a lake. She wants me to bring in sand and dumo on her beach and spread it 20 feet into the lake. First question I have is how would I move it from the beach into the lake, is there a method so you have don't have to hand shovel it into the water? Any tricks or advice would be great.

Regards Mike

Dirt Digger2

LawnSite Silver Member
15ton trackhoe should do the trick...but i would check with the local government/permit office...they may have a problem with you running equipment out into the lake with all these tree-huggers now-a-days

bishoplandscape

LawnSite Member
The only sand you can put in Michigan lake is mason sand. I usually put it on the ice in the winter and it falls in as the ice melts works really well. so you'll have to use an excavator know. I see your in my area you if you need anything PM me and ill give you my number:waving: :waving:

OP
F

flykelley

LawnSite Member
The only sand you can put in Michigan lake is mason sand. I usually put it on the ice in the winter and it falls in as the ice melts works really well. so you'll have to use an excavator know. I see your in my area you if you need anything PM me and ill give you my number:waving: :waving:
Thanks Bishop
Send me a PM with price's for 10 yrd of mason sand delivered to that lake just west of US23.

Thanks Mike