Putting wider tires on a skidsteer??

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
well decided to keep my Mustang 2044 , being its just about payed off. going to order a 66" root grapple from Wildkat Attachments.(going with them becuz of the lightest weight of the grapple).

Would like to get a set of wider tires for my skid for more stability when doingtree work and dirt work. are the lug pattern on most machines the same? i really like the width of the tires on the Cat 226 i use sometimes.

should i get a set of rims and tires, that way i can put my originals back on if i need the smaller machine width.

opinions fellas??

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
well decided to keep my Mustang 2044 , being its just about payed off. going to order a 66" root grapple from Wildkat Attachments.(going with them becuz of the lightest weight of the grapple).

Would like to get a set of wider tires for my skid for more stability when doingtree work and dirt work. are the lug pattern on most machines the same? i really like the width of the tires on the Cat 226 i use sometimes.

should i get a set of rims and tires, that way i can put my originals back on if i need the smaller machine width.

opinions fellas??

I bought a set of wheels and tires (Cat rims and tires). I still have them. Too bad you were not closer I would sell them to you. I dont think I need them anymore. The tread is near new. That wide tire is really the way to go for soft conditions. If you want to check into shipping, pm me and I will provide the details and photos of the tires.

ioilyouin

LawnSite Senior Member
I think it's a great idea. $400 for you or anyone else on LS who buys them. The tires 33x15.5-16.5 and are approximately 25%. The rims are 8 lug bolt pattern with a 6" cutout in the middle. NO FOAM IN TIRES!!!!!!

OP
KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
I think it's a great idea. $400 for you or anyone else on LS who buys them. The tires 33x15.5-16.5 and are approximately 25%. The rims are 8 lug bolt pattern with a 6" cutout in the middle. NO FOAM IN TIRES!!!!!!

Wonder what it would cost to ship those to Louisiana? would i need to run a spacer due to the tire being a good bit wider than what i have now?

ioilyouin

LawnSite Senior Member
300 should cover it. I had a different sent shipped to me from CA for 250, but I think the seller had to eat a little.