• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Question About an OCDC

statman

LawnSite Senior Member
I made an OCDC for my Lazer hp, and it keeps clippings out of areas I don't want them in. However, when I open the door, I get a huge clump of grass that spits out. My question is, if I buy a $200 store-bought OCDC will I get the huge clump spitting out?

drumbo

LawnSite Senior Member
I made an OCDC for my Lazer hp, and it keeps clippings out of areas I don't want them in. However, when I open the door, I get a huge clump of grass that spits out. My question is, if I buy a $200 store-bought OCDC will I get the huge clump spitting out?
The rule is: If you make a mod yourself, you have to post pics for all to see! We all benefit from eachother, right? :clapping:

OP
S

statman

LawnSite Senior Member
It is pretty crude... I welded a piece of steel plate inside the deflector chute that came with the mower. I drilled a hole in the chute and attached a bungy cord to it.

drumbo

LawnSite Senior Member
Did you just cut the rest of the deflector off and keep the swivel/hinge?

OP
S

statman

LawnSite Senior Member
I left the whole deflector intact, but am going to trim it back.

Thanks for the ex-met idea. I tried drilling 1/4" holes, but they plugged up. I will make them bigger and add some.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes, you will always get the clump of grass. Just disperse it out tward the open, and when you go over it with the deck, it's gone. I often go into tight areas, close the chute (first), back out and release. This collects the grass and brings it out to the open area....works well. Sometimes, I have to dip in twice, as it will only hold so much before it starts blowing out the front and side.