Question about equipment

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DTilson, Mar 6, 2008.

  1. DTilson

    DTilson LawnSite Member
    Messages: 1

    This may be an insanely stupid question to most of you. I was wondering what is the name of the piece of equipment you use to plan out a yard. It's like a GPS tool that you walk around the yard with and put in coordinates for where trees are and things like that. As you can tell I'm very new to this. Thanks for any help!
  2. Bigred350

    Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 820

    I think its call a ruler, a piece of paper and a pen.
  3. Carolina Cuts

    Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,152

    Graph Paper?
    Office Depot - $7.99/pack.
    Rock on!:cool2:
    Other then that... I don't have a clue...

  4. Mark Bogart

    Mark Bogart LawnSite Member
    Messages: 174

    Trimble makes several site positioning systems. Expect to pay thousands of $$$'s for a unit. A pen, paper, and ruler is the most cost effective way to go.

Share This Page