1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Question about LLC

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by birdturd9726, Dec 26, 2007.

  1. birdturd9726

    birdturd9726 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 235

    i am thinknig about becoming an LLC in new york. what i have been reading is that you must advertise in 2 papers elected by the county clerk for 6 consecutive weeks. I have quoted this to be over $2,000 just for the advertising. Willi have to do this, or should i become a different type of business. I want to stay away from sole prop. because of the liability. What are you guys set up as. thanks
  2. fknippenberg

    fknippenberg LawnSite Member
    Messages: 49

    That didn't sound right to me so I checked a NY state website


    there is nothing about advertising for 2 weeks or even at all on this site.

    If you don't want to hire a lawayer to set it up for you, there are a ton of websites (e.g Legalzoom.com) that do all the paperwork and filing for you - You just pay them a small fee (couple hundred bucks usually) which is cheaper than a lawyer.
  3. birdturd9726

    birdturd9726 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 235

    my mom found it


    Certificate of Publication
    Section 206 of the Limited Liability Company Law requires that within 120 days after the effectiveness of the initial articles of organization, a limited liability company (LLC) must publish in two newspapers a copy of the articles of organization or a notice related to the formation of the LLC. The newspapers must be designated by the county clerk of the county in which the office of the LLC is located, as stated in the articles of organization. After publication, the printer or publisher of each newspaper will provide you with an affidavit of publication. A Certificate of Publication, with the affidavits of publication of the newspapers attached, must be submitted to the Department of State, Division of Corporations, 41 State Street, Albany, NY 12231. The fee for filing the Certificate of Publication is $50.
  4. fknippenberg

    fknippenberg LawnSite Member
    Messages: 49

    Seems as they have conflicting information on their website - not surprising for a state agency - I'd just call them or go see a lawyer
  5. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    that has to be one of the wackiest things I have ever heard of :laugh:

Share This Page