1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

question about new grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kalyeah, Nov 1, 2005.

1. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

I basically just mow lawns, but I did a total kill and reseeded my own lawn this year. I also have a customer who did the same. Both came in beautiful. My question is about cutting the grass. I've cut both of them twice now and it seems like I always have to go back and blow the tire marks out afterwards. The tire marks really stand out. I'm not talking about striping . My mower does pretty good job of striping. I'm using a 52" hydro exmark walk behind on these lawns. Hoping this is something that will fix itself over time because I don't want to have to blow out the tire marks everytime I cut the lawns. I have a lot of customers who have really nice plush lawns that stripe beautifully. That's how I want these two lawns to look. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like the turf is pretty thin , once it gets thicker you will not have a problem .

3. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I agree with what he said above, thin baby grass :D