1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Question about spraying Shore Area type properties

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gman2310, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am looking to add another service. I am looking into spraying rock landscapes for the types of homes you find at the shore. What do you guys spray and how many times a year. I am guessing around end of march a preemergent and then a post emergent a few months later. Any information would be helpful.

2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

Pm sent your way.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Since there is a pm in place ,,,the discussion is over...

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I don't get that either. I know reluctance to share technical details but

5. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Aquaneat? What about aquatic license? Idk
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps you should have a rock-cleaning service. Remove rocks--wash and dry them. Treat with pre-emergent, put down new landscape fabric, replace rocks. Maybe you could even apply a shiny wax to the rocks--and charge big bucks extra.

7. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Ha, if this is something that i can do and make money at it, it would be a great idea! Not sure time wise it would be feasible though.

I understand Jc1's private message to see if I was a competitor in his back yard that he was giving his trade secrets too and respect it. I am only researching this and seeing if this something we can do and be good at it. Our lawn fert program is growing at a pretty good rate so why not try and expand.