Question About Sulky

CareFreeLawns

LawnSite Member
Hey guys, does i'm pretty sure a one wheeled sulky allows you to zero turn with a hydro wb.
I hate the ugly stripe down the middle with a 1 wheeled, so i'm thinking of switching to a two wheeled.
My question, is can i still perform a zero turn or close to a zero turn with a 2 wheel sulky? I'm trying to see when i turn the mower to go down the next part of grass, will a 2 wheel sulky allow me to turn VERY tight?

tnwildcat

LawnSite Member
Yes you can perform a zero turn. You have to watch some companies sell sulkies with different length arms. With the shorter arm you are limited by the girth of your belly and the length of your arms. I am very happy with Havener Enterprises scratch and dent 2 wheeler. Opened out of the box never found the scratch. The sulkies are a exmark knockoff been running mine for two seasons. Changed tires to run flats.

bls47303

LawnSite Senior Member
Yes you can preform a zero turn with a 2 wheel. the jungle jims sulkey is fully adjustable to your mower and you. also has tabs welded on so it will not jack knife.

CTS Lawn & Landscape

LawnSite Member
I feel like you can't truly do a zero turn move with the normal 2 wheeled sulky. Especially without getting pinched or groin checked by the handle bars. Check out what I use on my walk behind: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=369060 I love this thing! Granted it's a little bit bulkier but you are always in full control staying in the middle of the handles and truly can turn within itself. I feel it's less fatigue too from all the twisting and bumping around like a normal 2 wheeled sulky. It's a little bit more expensive and might take up more trailer space, but very strong.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
You can do a zero turn long enough to line up for the next pass with a 2 heeler. I have the Havener scratch and dent one. You just can stay in the same place spinning like on a ride on, but there is no need to do that anyway.

lawnpro724

LawnSite Silver Member
Buy a Toro and get the best sulky out there a Tru Track sulky.