Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pj:

I was searching in the commercial lawn mowing thread and ran across a thread asking about hydro and wheel motor failures and it raised a question. Here is the link to the thread I am talking about

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=231659.

I noticed that there were quite a few of failures on Hustler Super Z's listed on there. Was there a time in which the pump suppliers or wheel motor suppliers were having a problems with the equipment that was on the Super Z? I just recently purchased my Super Z and love the unit, however I worry about the longevity and integrity of the equipment. Is this something that I should be concerned about on my 08 Super Z? I realize that there are many variables due to the maintainence and conditions these units are used in. Just after your thoughts.

Super Z

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
We use the same pumps and wheel motors as most mfg's, some of our models use higher end pumps and wheel motors, it depends on the model, Hustler Z vs Super Z
I don't believe there was a supplier issue in regards to our units vs another brand.
I don't feel you would find our failures any higher than any particular mfg.

Pj

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PJ:

Thank you for your response. I realize that there are several of these pumps and wheel motors that are manufactured by a handful of companies. I could not imagine that there was any one specific reason it would fail on a Super Z more often than on comparable machines. Thank you for your response. You reiterate the reason that I decided to buy Hustler. Good service (from the company, dealer and on Lawnsite), good product, and good warranty. I hope that I have many years of great service to "brag" on Hustler and the name they have made within the commercial mowing industry.

Super Z

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Pj:

I was searching in the commercial lawn mowing thread and ran across a thread asking about hydro and wheel motor failures and it raised a question. Here is the link to the thread I am talking about

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=231659.

I noticed that there were quite a few of failures on Hustler Super Z's listed on there. Was there a time in which the pump suppliers or wheel motor suppliers were having a problems with the equipment that was on the Super Z? I just recently purchased my Super Z and love the unit, however I worry about the longevity and integrity of the equipment. Is this something that I should be concerned about on my 08 Super Z? I realize that there are many variables due to the maintainence and conditions these units are used in. Just after your thoughts.

Super Z
If you mow hills, you will have problems, been there, learned that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I work for the distributor in the midwest (your area Super Z). We sell thousands of Hustlers every year, and according to our parts records, we did not sell any more pumps this year than any previous year. Actually, we have not seen any spike in pumps or wheel motors sales for the past 7 years. In other words, there is nothing to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts