Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to puchase a magna-matic, but I am not sure if I want to buy the 8000 series because its $1000. I have a 52"ZTR and a 36 walk behind. Both of them are running gator blades and I noticed that the sharpened edge does curve as it gets closer to the middle. Is it possible to sharpen the entire edge using the 9001 series, or would I only be able to sharpen the flat part of the blade? I dont mind spending $500 or $600 , but the 8000 series is just really expensive. Thanks

Lasher

· Banned
690 Posts
Hello, I have the 8000 & rarely do we change configurations to sharpen the curved Blades. I supose if all we were sharpening is curved I would change the wheel & release the Vice Clamp but if there is One Curved miXed in w/ the bunch I am able to sharpen it effectively w/ the standard configuration.

I bought the 8000 primarily for the eXtra hp & a few other Features it's little Brother Lacks but if you're using the Grinder on only 2 Mowers & most are Flat Blades the eXtra $$$ for the 8000 is not necessary IMO.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,
I noticed that when I take my gator blades off to sharpen them, the curved part of the blade is just coated with grass. So this is telling me that the curved part isnt doing much cutting anyways I guess. So I will probably go with the 9001. Thanks for the replies.

Lasher

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.