Lawn Care Forum banner

Question for shop design

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING 
#1 ·
What do u guys do with trimmers and hand helds when they come in trying to come up with a hanger of sorts
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
I use Gladiator in my trailer.

If you watch Menard's and Sears ads for Gladiator, Lowe's will match +10% additional discount.

#4 ·
I made my own hangers. Basically it is just a slot in a 1/2" or 3/4" sheet of plywood just wide enough to accept the shaft tube. The power head slides over the slot and the equipment is supported by the narrow part of the power head.

I then put a small block on top just to the right of the slot. that way I have to pick the trimmer (or what ever ) up and slide it over the block. I use them in my trailer so i stretch a bungee across each pair of trimmers.

SO basically it is a piece for the back, 2 sides and the top with the slot and the little block. Even with the block it can bounce off but this doesn't happen with the bungee cord across them.

it is also good because the equipment is just resting on the collar that excepts the shaft tube and not on the shroud body like with most purchased hangers are.

I'll try to remember to get a picture tomorrow.

#5 ·
Home depot sells something called Rubbermaid fast track, its a wall mounted rail that has various hangers that clip on to it.. Its convenient because you can change out the hangers with the seasons and the equipment changes if necessary or just modify their position or spacing very easily.

#6 ·
Home depot sells something called Rubbermaid fast track, its a wall mounted rail that has various hangers that clip on to it.. Its convenient because you can change out the hangers with the seasons and the equipment changes if necessary or just modify their position or spacing very easily.
I looked at those. Lowe's carries Gladiator, Rubbermaid, and Kobalt brand, so you can directly compare them. Rubbermaid didn't have quite the variety of hangers and hooks, so I went with the Gladiator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.