Question on collections

morty60

LawnSite Member
I live in SW Indiana. Had two people that were supposed to do a small landscaping job for me. They quoted $3,600 and wanted half the money up front. We paid them and it was a disaster. They were supposed to show up the next day and have it done in a couple of days. They didn't show up the next morning. I called them and they said they didn't have the materials. From then on it just got worse. More and more excuses. I ended up telling them we were firing them and wanted our money back. They said they would give us our money back. They never did and I ended up going to court and got a judgment for $1,950. I've called a few places, but can't find a collection agency to help me get my money back. Does anyone know of a company in the Evansville, IN area to contact? Thanks for any help you can give me.

sagesove

LawnSite Senior Member
Take all your legal paperwork to the local sheriffs office. File a lien on the business. Go with sheriffs and take their business property if they don't pay.

Sort of in that order. Google how you can do this. A ton of info out there.
I could write a novel with how we have done it. But I cannot give legal advice. Make a call to a counselor at law for any questions.

OP
M

morty60

LawnSite Member
Take all your legal paperwork to the local sheriffs office. File a lien on the business. Go with sheriffs and take their business property if they don't pay.

Sort of in that order. Google how you can do this. A ton of info out there.
I could write a novel with how we have done it. But I cannot give legal advice. Make a call to a counselor at law for any questions.
Thank you!

Top Forums