1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 3blades, Apr 7, 2004.

1. 3blades

3blades LawnSite Member

how tall can i get a pruning ladder , whats a good brand and who sells them???? nobody around me sells them.

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Uh.. Werner? They make a 12ft A-Frame Fiberglass ladder. Try Home Depot or Lowes:-\

3. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

You should be able to find folding step ladders up to 16' tall. They won't be cheap though, and they are fairly heavy to move around.

Try this: go to www.sherrillinc.com, and search for "articulating stilts".:D

I used drywallers stilts when we hung Christmas decorations last year, and they saved a bunch of time over a ladder... The ones at Sherrills can be adjusted a little higher than the drywallers stilts...

4. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

5. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never used one, but I would be concerned about stability in soft ground.

Imagine the PITA it would be to have to pull the single leg a foot out of the ground every time you wanted to move the ladder....:D

Dan