1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Questions about cpa's....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by justmjc, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. justmjc

    justmjc LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 261

    I want to bring in a few employees this year and as a last resort I have a local agency to use. However, if I hire directly, I can save a little of my cost. My question is about the needed w2 and pertaining forms I have fill out for the employee, can a cpa handle all of this? Is this the correct person to speak with? I know I withhold money from each check from the employee, but does that go into an interest only savings? Is that my money until I have to pay the tax man?

    I guess is the cpa the person to speak with on this or is there anyone else involved?
  2. gene gls

    gene gls LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,213

    Get a good CPA and they should handle all of the paper work,at least mine does.

  3. lawnman_scott

    lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 7,547

    its yours till you have to pay it. Just get the forms and publications from the irs. Its very simple to do if you can read and know how to use a calculator.
  4. Team Gopher

    Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -
    Messages: 4,040

    Hi Justmjc,

    Here is a link to the IRS's site specific to the w-2.
  5. Lawn Tek

    Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a
    Messages: 457

    C P A is the correct contact . Like lawnman said its yours till due . Plus , you get to pay workers comp insurance , unemployment , and social security on each employee .

Share This Page