1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Questions about drive pumps??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mitch2563, Mar 29, 2009.

  1. mitch2563

    mitch2563 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 1

    Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between hydrostatic and hydrolic? It's seems what I "think" is hydrolic are generally stronger, is this in my head? Can't seem to find any good info on differnces, some manufacturers call the drives onething and another company calls them another. Thanks for any help
  2. ed2hess

    ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 14,456

    I'll do a repy just to move it up.....I think it is one in the same. Now sometimes you see info like on the snapper 32" that use the word hydrostatic. I thought that simply meant that the pump and drive motor was integrated together.
  3. CFB

    CFB LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 515

    They are interchangeable terms I believe, however everyone calls them hydrostatic.
  4. kaferhaus

    kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,444

    yes they're are one and the same. Hydrostatic is the scientific term for the study of fluid in motion. Hydraulic is the actual mechanical application.

Share This Page