Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you use a 21er for the trim or are your 36ers able to do all of the lawn?
Please state model of 36er and if it is hydro or not.

I have a lot of lawns that are around 2000 ft2 with lots of curves and trees.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
36inch Encore Hydro. I live in a hilly area, beautiful strips, but yeah it goes pretty much everywhere. There is not too many lawns I can't use it on. My 21er mower stays on the trialer all week except for one or two yards. I hate push mowers!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Originally posted by sildoc
Do any of you use a 21er for the trim or are your 36ers able to do all of the lawn?
Please state model of 36er and if it is hydro or not.

I have a lot of lawns that are around 2000 ft2 with lots of curves and trees.

Thank you in advance.
M3613KA, 02 eXmark 36" Metro, gear/pistol/Jungle Jim.
What? you talking 21ers? I sold my 21'Toro 4cycle and 21 Lawnboy 2cycle 1 month after I got my eXmark to put money into my Stihl equip. The 36er will take over anything 21er can do, peirod.
Even hill, or whatever grass grow, the 21er is a pain it takes forever to do each path, compared to what 36/velke does, a few paths and you are out. Practice hones your 36"skill.
Stop using those 21er and carry only 1 36"wb and a 52" or 60" Z on your trailer, please.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Unless, like me, you have a few backyards that the 36" will not get in. That is where a 32" comes in handy, but not worth it unless you already have a 36" and bigger also. In other words, I wouldn't get a 32" over my 36" just because it fits in ALL backyards, but when I purchase a larger (52"+) mower, so I have it and my 36", I will probably grab a 32" for the backs.

So for now, Honda 215 bag/mulch kit, and 2 lawnboys, 4.5 and 6.5hp. Can't live without them, yet, unfortunately.

~Nest

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Is there a such thing as a gate a 32" wouldn't go through. The small gate at my house now is 38" wide, but the house I lived at years ago, I can't remember but I know it was tiny. I am thinking of replacing my 21" with a 32" wb because it would save SO much time. I think I'd just use a trimmer for anywhere a 32" wouldn't fit. Just wanted to get your opinions before I bite the bullet. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
A 21" is always handy. I'll use it ocassionally but usually I just get my trimmer line going long and just make big sweeps in an area I cant get to with my 36". I have an account where I do the whole backyard with my trimmer. Takes about 5 minutes, It's real small, But by the time I go get my 21" fire it up I would be done with my trimmer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hate push mowers.

My 36" Scag walk behind does all the small stuff.

If I cannot get to it with that, then I ain't gonna do it.:waving:

·
Registered
988 Posts
For mowing turf, I run all Gravely or Ariens.
I have a '02 262Z 60", a '03 ProG 36" and a Ariens '03 21" spwb. These are my residential/light commercial units and I wouldn't be without the 21" ever again.
Due to the varied types of turf that I mow, at the varied heights, one machine at one setting presents management issues that customer's budgets will not allow me to address.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.