1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

questions for those of you that have 36ers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Aug 10, 2003.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Do any of you use a 21er for the trim or are your 36ers able to do all of the lawn?
    Please state model of 36er and if it is hydro or not.

I have a lot of lawns that are around 2000 ft2 with lots of curves and trees.

Thank you in advance.

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

started with a exmark 36 belt back in 90 still use it best cut nice strips fits almost everywhere good on hills no problems

3. Lake Turf

Lake Turf LawnSite Member

36inch Encore Hydro. I live in a hilly area, beautiful strips, but yeah it goes pretty much everywhere. There is not too many lawns I can't use it on. My 21er mower stays on the trialer all week except for one or two yards. I hate push mowers!!

4. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

Did have a JD Gs45 just traded for a Hd45. I use the JD JX 21" for area's I can get to and some lawns I cut with it because it's quicker and more convenient that way.

Steve

5. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36 Great Dane, I love it use it everyday.

6. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

My Toro 36'' does just about everything. I do take the 21'' out twice on fridays.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

36 will bag nice to:blob4:

8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

M3613KA, 02 eXmark 36" Metro, gear/pistol/Jungle Jim.
    What? you talking 21ers? I sold my 21'Toro 4cycle and 21 Lawnboy 2cycle 1 month after I got my eXmark to put money into my Stihl equip. The 36er will take over anything 21er can do, peirod.
    Even hill, or whatever grass grow, the 21er is a pain it takes forever to do each path, compared to what 36/velke does, a few paths and you are out. Practice hones your 36"skill.
    Stop using those 21er and carry only 1 36"wb and a 52" or 60" Z on your trailer, please.

9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Unless, like me, you have a few backyards that the 36" will not get in. That is where a 32" comes in handy, but not worth it unless you already have a 36" and bigger also. In other words, I wouldn't get a 32" over my 36" just because it fits in ALL backyards, but when I purchase a larger (52"+) mower, so I have it and my 36", I will probably grab a 32" for the backs.

So for now, Honda 215 bag/mulch kit, and 2 lawnboys, 4.5 and 6.5hp. Can't live without them, yet, unfortunately.

~Nest

10. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

48"-36" & 32" Hydro's & 21"s. The 36" Replaces Neither the 32" or the 21".

Can't do without all Three. Yes, Their are Places even a 21" is More Practical or the only Possible unit to use.

viking3.jpg