1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

quick 36 fox

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cuttinggrassiscool, Dec 14, 2005.

1. cuttinggrassiscool

cuttinggrassiscool LawnSite Member

hi. i was wondering what you all think about the quick 36 fox. all i have heard about them on this site is praise, however this was almost all about the super duty. i was interested in either the fox(11.5hp) or MKII (13hp) i would like to find a quality machine at a low price. I'm a little worried about the small engine though. i am a student and do this on the side and only need it for about a dozen or so residential lawns. i have an older toro 42 inch with a 12.5hp Kawasaki, i am looking for this to be a back up as well as to fit into gated properties. i am just worried that the smaller unit wont bag well in the fall, and i would hate to lose all that productivity for a few hundred in savings. but i would like to spend as little as possible for this machine. i know going used in an option but i think i would rather stay away from this, if i can. i was just wondering if any of you had thoughts on this. thanks for your time

2. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a quick 36 fox, I use it for just a few accounts and it works just fine. I used it this past fall for bagging leaves, and i didn't have a problem. I think it has more than enough power. I have no complaints, but i do think next time i would like to have the a larger unit, because i feel the fuel tank is way to small, and i would like to have electric start. It gets old starting it with the recoil starter. Other than that, it is a good machine to start with or use as a back up.

3. Leroy's Lawns

Leroy's Lawns LawnSite Member
    from NY

Dude, just looked at that Fox and looks kinda like a homeowner mower. That Super Duty would probably hold up better but still looks a little weak to me.

Probably perfect for a few part time accounts though.

4. spinrider2000

spinrider2000 LawnSite Member

Cutting, I have thought the same issues you have had on the 3 different units. Spend the extra and get the Super. Electric start, larger engine! Yes, it is a single hydro but for the $$$.....seems reasonable. Getting ready to buy one. There are some yards that I cut with a 21 self propelled and tired of it...