1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Quick 36 handling

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hansen1784, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Hansen1784

Hansen1784 LawnSite Member
    from Renton

I'm using a Honda Commercial 21" mower right now and am thinking about moving up to a 36" mower. I was wondering how the Quick 36 handles compared to something like a 36" hydro Scag, which is a lot heaver but has controls for steering? Most of my lawns are fairly small, about 3,000 sq ft, if that makes a difference in what would work best. Also, I was thinking that the Super Fox might work better then the Samurai on the relatively small lawns I have, since the Fox is lighter. Any thoughts on that idea? Thanks.

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a dream machine to handle. I have the Sam and highly recommend it. It comes down to choice ..The Sam costs a little more ,but you get KAW engine and electric start.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

On small yards the dual hydro is a LOT better than a single hydro, if the Quick is single. You provide all the torque to hold back one side on the turns. It isn't real bad but if you are doing 5 hours a day it adds up.

4. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Have you by chance used a Quick 36?

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I used one all year long and its great on all applications up to about an acre...It is not hard at all to turn with a single hydro due to the fact that it weighs about 300 lbs....most Wb's are 600+...

6. CELawn

CELawn LawnSite Member

I have a Super Duty and my wife (5'6" 120lbs. - she'd kill me if she knew I posted that) used it for about an hour yesterday with no difficulty whatsoever. It's real easy to maneuver.