1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

quick 36 users...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of you guys have used a typical walk behind - belt drive or hydro - before buying and using a Quick? And what do you think of the quick 36? Is it a better mower? More durable, less durable? Better cut?

what about using a velkie??? Would it steer easy with one? Does it have the weight and guts to pull one around?

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ron... Great cut! Only weighs 300 pounds so you have to actually try and get it stuck. Ive never used the step saver but...a Samurai has a 16hp Kawasaki KAI on a 300lb machine...so I cant imagine it would have a problem pulling you at all!!

3. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I like my Q36 but never have attemped to use a velkie on it. I don't doubt it has the power but I would question if it has enough weight up front to haul a large opperator without attaching some kind of weight plates on anything but flat ground.

There are a few guys using them hopefully they will chime in.

-TAZ

4. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

horsepower is not really needed for pulling weight, I used to get pulled all over lawns with a 48 inch mower with a 12 horse Kawasaki, the engine never bogged down cause of the pulling.... I guess I was asking is the frame and transmission of the Quick up to the task, and since there is no lever that does independant steering like on a normal commercial mower I assume you kinda push the mower in the direction you want it to go, so I was wondering how easy that is from a velkie

5. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio