Lawn Care Forum banner

Quick and easy question for solo OPS

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  MowDaddy 
#1 ·
Phone rings on the mower, kill the mower and take the call? If not, when do you return it? I'll be starting fresh next year full time and will need every lead I can get.

#8 ·
Answer. It's the easiest way to separate yourself from everyone else. When people call me and I pick up they all are suprised because they were expecting a vmail, like every other LCO they called.

#10 ·
Thanks again everybody. I was already leaning on stopping and answering. Do you keep a notepad in your pocket for the details?

#14 ·
My last question got lost in the page changeover.... do you just keep a notebook handy when you get a call on the mower?

#20 ·
I never answer but always call back. If you call 10 LS companies out here you will be lucky if 2 or 3 call back. My vm directs them to the website to fill out the contact form. Next year my phone number comes off of the business cards and they have to go through the website.

Somebody else was complaining about this in another post: I get people texting me really late at night on any of the 7 days of the week. More than once I had people text me 2-3 AM. Plus, I have to have everything in writing now since people just make stuff up about what I did or did not say.

E-mail is by far the most efficient because you get it all out in 1 or 2 exchanges. I know you all want to give really good customer service too but I also have a belief that low maintenance customers are my favorite. If you pick up the phone right away people might think you are too accessible.

Plus, no mater what, you should always tell them that you are busy as hell and when you pick up the phone right away it seems like you're not. That's a psychological thing I learned from a guy who ran another type of business. He was right.

#22 ·
I never answer but always call back. If you call 10 LS companies out here you will be lucky if 2 or 3 call back. My vm directs them to the website to fill out the contact form. Next year my phone number comes off of the business cards and they have to go through the website.

Somebody else was complaining about this in another post: I get people texting me really late at night on any of the 7 days of the week. More than once I had people text me 2-3 AM. Plus, I have to have everything in writing now since people just make stuff up about what I did or did not say.

E-mail is by far the most efficient because you get it all out in 1 or 2 exchanges. I know you all want to give really good customer service too but I also have a belief that low maintenance customers are my favorite. If you pick up the phone right away people might think you are too accessible.

Plus, no mater what, you should always tell them that you are busy as hell and when you pick up the phone right away it seems like you're not. That's a psychological thing I learned from a guy who ran another type of business. He was right.
Good post Grassholes !! I really just wanted to type Grassholes. Now I got to do it twice ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.