1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Books Pro Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lpwhandyman, Mar 20, 2006.

1. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

Guys, I just purchased quick books pro and have a question with it. If I start using it on one computer and later decide to install it on another computer, do I have to start all over again, or can I transfer all of the information easily to a new computer? And if so, how?

Thanks

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

backup and restore under file

3. lpwhandyman

4. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

or just email the file to the new computer.

5. lpwhandyman

Great. If I can bother you with another ?. I am trying to insert a logo. I can insert it and resize it easily enough. But I'd like to make it a backdrop/watermark like I currently have on my other estimates. I think it looks more professional. Is there a way I can do it within quickbooks or do I have to use another program, save and import it to QB pro?

6. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

As long as you are the only user you can put it on more than one computer I just talked to Quickbooks this morning about the same question good luck looks simple but complex at the same time cause I hate book work

7. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 LawnSite Member

To make the watermark in the background I just print the watermark on blank paper then put the paper back in to print the invoice/estimate. I am sure that this is the long way to do it but it works for me.

8. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

You can put your logo on your forms in BQ. I had to play around is size untill I got It right. Watermark sounds like a lot of ink and if you email invoices the watermark may not show up.

9. lpwhandyman

First, what is BQ? I never asked about size, I can already do that. I never asked about how much ink it will take. And who mentioned anything about emailing? But thanks anyway.

bigjoe: I have done that in the past and yes it can take a little extra work. I was hoping to do it all in one program for once. This year I'm trying to work extra hard to streamline the thing I hate doing the most, paperwork. I do like the one thing I saw in the tutorial with the idea of the windowed envelopes that is available, because that will save me one step.

twj and others: Thanks for the replies