• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

quick commercial bid question

Jeepn

LawnSite Member
Hi all,

I'm sending in my first commercial bid shortly, it's for an apartment complex (Didn't realize how much luck you can have just calling around to apartment buildings and stuff). Anyways, it's 2 acres with substantial trimming around fences, parking lots, etc. . . the gates are all wide enought to get my mower through, but the sections with grass are very broken up. . . like nine seperate areas with grass. I'm thinking about bidding in the $200 (Canadian) per cut range. It's in sort of a low income region. Do you think I'm high/low or what? Thanks in advance for the help.

Cory

TNT LawnCare Inc.

LawnSite Bronze Member
Its hard to say really without seeing the property. Are you tackling this yourself ? 2 acres of mowing? Or is the complex sittng on two acres?

OP
J

Jeepn

LawnSite Member
2 acres of actual mowing, a good thousand feet of trimming, and just me to do it. lol

karol

LawnSite Member
Where about's are you in Ontario. I'm in Newmarket. $200 sounds high, especially for a low income area.

OP
J

Jeepn

LawnSite Member
'bout half way between Windsor and London. . . I know $200 is normally pretty high for 2 acres, but I'm figuring that this is easily a 4-5 hour job. There's just too many areas that are impractical for the z-turn and will have to be cut with the 21"