Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
20,986 Posts
In what regard? I modded the weight on front. That's all. I was too cheap to buy THEIR sulky and bag, so that will have to be addressed. But those issues are self-made and only applicable to me.

I'm not declaring my verdict yet, b/c it's too early. But so far, so good.
Front weights mabey a bigger gas tank and possible welding on the deck later on. Just makes me a little nerveous

· Registered
20,986 Posts
Okay, gas tank issue I concede. But the welding is just my fears based on how poorly my Toro held up. I have ZERO concrete evidence that this mower will do the same. In fact, as I stand now, I find it highly unlikely due to how light the deck is. It's just not exerting anywhere NEAR the stress that a Turbo Force does(on it's mounts, that is)...

I'm not saying GO FOR IT! But I also don't feel that anything I've written is grounds for crossing it off the list.

Like I said, today I'm doing a whole different style of lawns. Some big, nasty hills, and crazy landscaping that's grounds for the landscaper who constructed it to be drawn and quartered. I'll get another view of the mower today. Don't pass verdict yet.
I guess Im a TIGHT AXX and Im a little nervous about the 4k click on the mouse

· Registered
20,986 Posts
44" is more efficient, but tougher on hilly terrain. But looking at my records, even though the Dually's slower than my T-Bar, I'm setting time-records on my lawns, and that's without having the machine mastered, the pattern on the lawn mastered, and with FAR less effort on my part. I honestly, truly, am blown away at how effortless mowing suddenly is. I never knew it was possible to scream through the lawns without actually killing yourself to pull it off.

The 44" gives you 22% more deck. Plus I like it for going around obstacles better than a 36". And for driving along concrete edges and beds, etc - because you can mow them evenly and completely avoid trimming those areas.

All that being said, Larry, it's only a week old. If you need it, grab it. If you can stall for time, maybe wait for a bit to see if issues creep up.
Im still waiting fot the step saver to be out.

Would a 36 stripe better than a 44?

· Registered
20,986 Posts
Got a brand new bottle for it. :D Though I still think I'm gonna replace the hardware with the proper size and a marine thread nut for good measure. Last thing I want to do is put a 5" bolt through the blades and discharge chute...
More MODS? Dont tell your 14 wives that your new machine broke, you will never hear the end of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.