Lawn Care Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

· Banned
4,409 Posts
Why wont the Quick cut Burmuda? Ive never herd that, most of the good lawns here are Burmuda.
Actually I can't say it WON'T, just that from my experience when a mower has just a blockoff on one side it doesn't mulch w/o leaving a windrow when the grass is moist or just growing healthy. Also the trim edge means on the crazy undulating yards I use this type of mower on (flat lawns I use the much easier and faster ZTR's) anything without antiscalps on the ends tends to ....scalp...because here we mow Bermuda on nice lawns at 1.25-2" if possible. A typical 36" wb the wheel width matches the deck width so you have lousy trim edge but it seems to scalp less side to side.

I'm anxious to hear reports back from users because there are a lot of great features on this mower (shorter, lighter, easy to trailer, etc) but since I mow Bermuda as well as Tall Fescue I have to be able to switch heights during the day easily and precisely and any mower that doesn't leave it looking as good as a 21" would is not going to get used as much and not worth the investment.

· Registered
5,526 Posts
... as others have pointed out (and I've now witnessed firsthand), the customer service is out of this world! The company actually tracked ME down about things mentioned here on lawnsite! Can you believe that ?? Who WOULDN'T want one of their units with a support system like that ?
It's precisely the customer support that has sold me on BOP now !!

· Registered
332 Posts
Direct mounting. Vibration is much like the feel of when my T-Bar has a bent blade or something. Just a throbbing. My T-Bar doesn't really vibrate, nor my 21". The Dually does. Nothing bad, mind you - but you sit there and wonder if something's out of balance...

I think a good foam handle cover or something would go a long way.
Now that you had the machine for a while, is the vibrating getting better or worse? Did you ever find out what caused it?

· Registered
5,526 Posts
101 - 109 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.