1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Owners Watch Out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willjones4, Mar 15, 2008.

1. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member

I was mowing under some low bushes today. Apparently the bushes snagged the ring pin on one of the front casters and pulled it out. I didnt know it until the front caster fell off! How embarassing. After wasting about 30 minutes looking around on the ground I was able to find the pin and several spacers but I still lost two or three of them. I contacted BOP already about getting more. Be careful out there!:waving:

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I've had that happen on other WBs too. I always carry an extra lynch pin and spacers. BTW, you can get those at any good hardware store for under $1.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That can happen on anything with pins.

4. willjones4

I know that NOW. :laugh: That's why Im warning others. Im not saying a single thing negative about my Quick. I love it. I just dont want to see some other noobie get hurt out there...

5. willjones4

Maybe I should have titled this "WB With Pins Watch Out":laugh:

6. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

That has happend to me a lot over the years. I've chopped up a few wheels:hammerhead:

7. grassgirl4

grassgirl4 LawnSite Member

That happened to me with my Q36 last summer...lol. I, too, searched for quite a spell...but with no luck :( Fortunately, I was almost finished with that particular yard, and it was the last one of the day using the WB. Finishing was rather amusing, though. I stuck the caster back on and continued to mow but had to be oh-so-careful not to let the mower come off the ground one iota...otherwise that darn thing would slip out again--too funny :rolleyes:

Great customer service, though!! I called BOP as soon as I finished the job (I've got their number in my contacts :weightlifter: ), and Laura sent out a bag of replacements/spares immediately!! In the interim while waiting for them to arrive, I just hopped over to Lowe's and picked up a generic pin and spacers.

Agreed, this can occur with any WB...

8. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Same thing happened to me last spring.........but I did'nt notice it until I popped a wheelie and my front caster went under the deck and boom tore my flatless front to shredds and destroted a blade (bent).

9. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

all of our wb mowers have double nutted bolts in em ,just for that reason.Had a guy run over two caster asseblies in a month,using a snapper 32pro .

10. Buddy Buds

Buddy Buds LawnSite Member

Same thing happened on my stipping kit.