1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question about Property Managers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MJK, Jul 31, 2006.

  1. MJK

    MJK LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 356

    When they ask for proof of insurance, are they just talking Liabilty or what else?
  2. Surf'n'Turf

    Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 326

    In my experiences dealing with them these all apply:
    Workers comp. if you have guys working for you.
    Gen Liability (usually 1 mil. + in coverage).
    Pest lic. if applicable.
  3. StBalor

    StBalor LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 798

    I am not 100% sure because as of now i have never done any commercial prop. But i Believe some also require you to have workmens comp insurance on yourself as well as any employees. You will have to ask him what he requires.
    I am sure someone else will reply. who knows more on this subject. This is just what i gathered from reading other posts.

    PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,534

    You are very right. When you go to work for a PM you are a sub contractor and they can require Workers Comp..
  5. grandview (2006)

    grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,465

    Sometimes they want you to put them on as additional insured.
  6. StBalor

    StBalor LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 798

    The best way to know is to ask him specifically what he needs.
  7. jwscroll

    jwscroll LawnSite Member
    Messages: 36

    They want a certificate of insurance issued to them by your insurance agent. Call your ins. agent with the name and address of the property managment company and the ins. agent should send them to the property manager for you. Be sure to request a copy for your records. My property managment companies all required certificate of liability, workers comp., county licsense, and state pest liscense.

Share This Page