• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Quick question on retaining walls

hortboy

LawnSite Member
I need some help on a bid for a retaining wall. The wall will require minimal removal of the bank, probably 3 hours and i have to install a wall that is 16 inches tall 100 feet long. It will require laying 400 blocks. I need an idea on what you guys would charge per hour, per block or per linear foot. the blocks I am using are 12 inches across the face and 4 inches tall. I don't want to take a hit on this and want to be competitive w/ others in the area.

OP
H

hortboy

LawnSite Member
straight wall that follow a city sidewalk, no steps, curves and by units I assume blocks, they are the 4 inch high, 8 inch deep and 12 inch across the front.

OP
H

hortboy

LawnSite Member
what is included in that price? Is that just your labor cost or does it include more. If so what does it include? i am trying to itemize on my end to have a reference for future jobs.

LCL Landscapes

LawnSite Member
I'm guessing you are using a garden block or sometimes called a cottage block, I charge $5 dollars per block on install plus cost of material. Back fill r blend and geogrid etc. are all additional charge. Hope this helps a little.

earthtool

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by Rex Mann
We would charge $30-35.00 a square face foot.

Peace,

Rex
Maybe it would help if you described the difference between per block, per square foot and per square face foot price.
I've been noted as a know it all....so I 'll pass the srwu to you.:D